I found the version 2 slower than the version 1 (in Windows), I mean, the menus take a little more time to be highlited after I hover them with the mouse and also the 3d models inside the editor moves in jumps without smothing the movement as in the previous version, that is a little frustrating. The grouping feature is buggied because it makes groups of objects that I don't grouped before (this happens when I am copying and pasting groups). Finally the movement with the arrow keys is slower than in the version 1 hindering the work.
Asset Forge 2.0 preview-1b now available!
Here's a smaller update for Asset Forge mainly adding new content and fixing some critical bugs. Download the new version using the Itch.io launcher or by going to the store page and downloading version preview-1a.
Additions and changes
- Added camera rotation controls *(numpad)*
- Quicker dragging in number input fields
- Now sleeps in background
- Disabled IL2CPP for the time being
- On create new project, change project name to Untitled-X
- On opening a project, change project name to file
- On saving copy, change project name to copy name
- Fixed issue with MTL importing
- Fixed glTF exporting
- Added 45 blocks to the new 'Ships' collection
- Added 45 blocks to the new 'Blasters' collection
- Added 30 blocks to the 'Vehicles' collection
Please keep reporting bugs and requesting features over at the community.
Get Asset Forge
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
That's strange, we certainly put in a lot of optimizations over the first version. Have you checked Edit > Preferences to make sure your settings are in line with your computer set-up? The grouping bug is unfortunately a known issue which we are fixing.
I'd like to ask for new features for ASSET FORGE 2.0.
Surely other users will appreciate it with these new functions for ASSET FORGE 2.0
(i don't speak english translated with google translator)
1) ring cut function to cut the figure, where I want, to cut it independently from the species figure (3d model) and where on the model wherever there, the user wants to cut the 3d model.
once cut as if it 2 models 3d
2) knife function.
3) function smoothes the 3d model.
4) function extrude region.
5) revulution function.
6) function collects faces.
7) function eliminates vertex, edge, unnecessary faces automatically; when you join or group together 3d models, ditto when you select a single figure.
8) construction function elemination part of the models only which is superimposed on the other 3d model, differentiates
9) to make a long story short I ask almost all the functions of BLENDER ONLY IN THE 3D MODELING SIDE, SO THE USERS CAN CREATE MODELS + COMPLEXES WITH VERY EASY, and some screenshoots to give idea to new functions for asset forge 2.0 (I don't know if you will see the screenshots well)
Hey, sorry but these features won't be implemented. Asset Forge is a tool for kitbashing pre-made blocks, if you'd like advanced features like these you're better off using something like Blender - which I'd recommend.
Hey, I recently purchased the software and I love it. I am a mac user, and I saw that it was updated 2 years ago. Is there any plan to update the mac version as well, as I would love the new features of it
Yep! Will be updating to 2.0 soon.
hi, when can we see the linux release?
I can't give a date for that currently.
is there a way to just have the new blocks in the previous version?
ps: your tool is Amazing, i want to thank you so much. this is a life saver for indie developer. Also i want to thank you for your Amazing free assets (i decided to buy the tool in the first place just to support your work, then i realize it was so impressive)
Likewise a Mac Build for preview1b build would be great please
Can you confirm that there will be a linux release for version 2? Thanks
Will it be possible to import models from 1.3 to 2.0?
if we had buy the previous version, can we have the release 2.0 for free or do we have to buy it another time ?..
I bought the Deluxe version, that's why I'm asking ^^'
Glad you are back! Got lots of positioning and scaling bugs, but I am loving the new parts. I think I'd prefer a separate move, scale, and rotate widgets though.
Looking forward for the macOS version to test it out 😀
Oh heck yes! I used v1 to create furniture assets. Here are some samples (books, sink, oven, toilet):
Excited to try out v2 for some more of the same.
Nice :) Thanks!