I think it would be nice if there was an importer, the homemade model imported and then scaled correctly. I work very reluctantly with blender and with other external editors.
Version 1.2.0 now available!
The first large update to Asset Forge is now available! Version 1.2.0 adds new features, new content and fixes a bunch of issues. It also introduces multiple block selection and adds new control methods.
Breaking change: models (.model) saved prior to 1.2.0 are not compatible. This is due a change in block display which in the future will make features like duplication, undo etc. possible.
- Ability to select and manipulate multiple blocks (hold SHIFT)
- CTRL + A selects all objects
- Hold CTRL while clicking and dragging to easily select multiple blocks
- Show error message when missing custom blocks in .model file
- New workspace: Sky (day)
- Shortcut (F11) to take screenshot of screen without UI
- Shortcut (F12) to take screenshot of screen
- Zoom using plus and minus keys
- Click and hold middle mouse button to drag
- Instead of pages the toolbox is now a scrolling interface
- Configuration button to clear thumbnail cache
- Changed on-screen hints system (optimized, more information)
- Toolbox objects are now 2D sprite thumbnails (cached)
- Compressed all assets bringing the file size down by ~ 40mb
- Remove dialog window animations
- Temporarily hidden "huge" option for 2D export until revision
- Ability to zoom out farther (max. distance 15 instead of 10)
- Custom blocks can now contain groups or hierarchy
- Fixed anti-alias issues (edges, leak)
- Fixed rounding issues
- Fixed saving and loading issues (position, rotation, scale)
- Fixed issue with normals being flipped for some blocks
- Center grid arrow now hidden in 2D exports
- Fixed grid (bottom) z-fighting
- On saving/exporting file extension only added when required
- New collection: 30× City blocks (+ 10× deluxe)
- Castle set: 2× Walls with hole and crack (standard)
- Castle set: 2× Brick and wood debris piles (standard)
- Castle set: Arch wall (standard)
- Castle set: 5× Gallery wall parts (deluxe)
New city collection blocks:
Get Asset Forge
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Please help me! How can i update my version? Win10 btw.
Head on over to the store page to download a new version, you can replace the one you downloaded before. If you're using the Itch.io app it should automatically update to the newest version.
This is such an awesome update!!
Very nice update with a lot of useful features! I just get an error when I try to run AssetForge through Itch with the following message:
An error occurred while launching Asset Forge
application crashed. process exited with code 1
I hope to see this fixed soon! :)